Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Real Food Challenge and Recipes!

So, lately I've been eating like crap. Between being busy and not feeling well, I have just been eating like junk lately. So, when I saw the 100 Days of Real Food Challenge, I was intrigued. You definitely have to check out their page.

Now, I don't know if I can make it 100 days of eating completely unprocessed food, but I'm going to at least try!

Here's the deal-

  • eat unprocessed foods
  • eat whole wheat instead of white anything
  • eat items with less than 5 ingredients
What's this mean? Lots of fruit and veggies, brown rice and grains, whole wheat pasta and organic local meat.

Now organic is expensive, so I haven't been able to get as much local and organic stuff as I'd like, but I've been really good eating-wise the last few days. 

Here are some of my fave real-food snacks from the last few days:

Yogurt Parfait Yumminess
  • Plain Greek Yogurt
  • Agave Nectar
  • Banana
  • Peanut Butter (I use freshly ground from Publix)
The amounts depend on how you like it. I drizzle just a SMIDGE of the agave nectar to give it a little sweetness. :)

Salsa Salad
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • can of black beans
  • can of corn
  • onion
  • jalepeno
  • green pepper
  • avocado
  • lime
  • seasonings
Chop up all the veggies and mix them with the cans of corn and black beans. I like to season with a squeeze of lime, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and sometimes red pepper. You can season however you like! Chill and serve. Soooo yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!