Sunday, November 20, 2011

BzzAgent Review of Kroger's "The Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookie"


When I first got the box of Kroger's "The Truly Awesome" homestyle chocolate chip cookies, I thought, "These look ok."

Now, let me start by saying that I'm not really a box cookie kind of gal. I like straight out of the oven, warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies- the kind that are SO soft that they fall apart when you try to eat them. So to say that I was a bit iffy about liking anything out of a box (albeit a box that said "truly awesome" on the front) is a bit of an understatement. And so, the taste test began.

I opened the box, and looked at the cookies. They were bigger than most box cookies. I could tell just by looking at them they also had WAY more chocolate in them (always a plus with me). So, I prepared myself for a bite. Now, they weren't soft and chewy like I prefer, but they had a nice texture. You could really taste the real butter...mmm, butter. :) And the chocolate? Oh, the chocolate! There were so many chocolate chips, you almost didn't have a cookie! They really were good.

Now, I was a good little dieter (sort of) and only had one (one cookie DOES have 120 calories, after all), but when my boyfriend came over, he finished the box. You heard me right, he FINISHED THE BOX!

Will I be giving up making homemade, warm, gooey, soft cookies? Of course not. But for a yummy snack that only takes me 10 seconds to open the box- I'm definitely going to keep these babies around. :)

BzzAgent was kind enough to give me a box of cookies to try in exchange for a review, but the thoughts above are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!