Thursday, August 18, 2011

My New Fave Food Obsession: Homemade Microwave Popcorn

So, I've actually been pretty good with my new Real Food diet. I haven't been perfect, but I've definitely been eating better, which is always good.

Obviously eating better means eating better snacks. At the same time, I don't want to spend a ton of money (fresh fruit and veggies are expensive!). Now, whenever I get hungry, I just pop a quick bag of this super-awesome popcorn. The best part is, it's super cheap!

All you need is some popping corn (you can grab a bag for like $2) and a paper lunch bag (I've even used take out paper bags!)

Just pour 2-3 tablespoons of popping corn into a paper lunch sack and fold the bag over a few times. Put the bag into the microwave for 2-3 minutes (until the kernels stop popping). Pull the bag out, and you have all-natural, air-popped popcorn!

I love to dress mine up with a bit of drizzle of Coconut Oil and a sprinkle of Garlic Pepper Salt and some Cajun Seasoning. SOOOO good!

Of course, you can eat yours plain, or with just a sprinkle of salt or even a sprinkle of cinnamon. Whatever floats your boat!

The best part- each bowl is only pennies per serving! AND it's good for you and all natural! Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!