Monday, January 3, 2011

Decluttering Challenge 2011- Finances

I'm pretty good with money. I just have ONE minor flaw- I can't resist a sale! If something is a crazy good price, I have to buy it. It doesn't matter if it fits, or if I need, I just have to buy it.

So, for 2011, I'm going to tighten up my budget. I'm going to start watching where my money goes, and unless it's absolutely FREE (or a moneymaker), unless I NEED it, I WILL NOT BUY IT.

This is hard for me, so I'm really going to need all your help with this challenge!

I'm also going to be on a food budget. My family LOVES spending money on food, so I'm really hoping to fix that this year. Check out my Declutting Challenge 2011- Diet to see how I plan on trying to get through the year without spending a PENNY on food!

Along with my other Decluttering Challenges, I'll be having weekly post updates to keep myself on track on how I'm doing with each challenge. I'd love to hear how you guys are doing as wel, so PLEASE feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. It would be a dream to only spend $400 a YEAR. I spend that a MONTH right now! My biggest issue is my husband is a big time meat eater. I don't mean chicken either, it has to be steak/hamburger/ribs/porkchops/bacon. Any tips on buying meat on a budget?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!