Monday, March 28, 2011

Yummy, But Not TOO Yummy Curry Fried Rice



So, I have a problem. If food tastes good, I mean REALLY good, I'll eat it. Probably a lot of it. So, today for lunch, I made something yummy, but not TOO yummy (not to say it's not tasty, I just really limited the salt and soy sauce in it, making it JUST short of making me want to eat 4 bowls of it).

I'm trying to do a few days of a whole foods detox (though the customer appreciation week at my Chick-fil-a MIGHT derail that a bit.)

I've been eating a lot of processed foods lately since my schedule has been busy and I feel like crap. So, in order to get my body back on track, I'm going to try, for the next week or so, eat only unprocessed foods and drink only water.

Starting next week, I most likely will start a diet challenge with my BFF based on the Game On Diet (I just downloaded it and am about to read it. I heard about it from Kristin over at Couponing to Disney)

My best friend and I are both overweight and both are competitive people, so turning weight loss into a game just seems like it might work. I'll let you know more about how that goes once it gets started.

Anyways, back on track (I'm a little tangenty-sorry!).

So, for lunch today I made a Curry Fried Rice-healthy style. Now, if you've read any of my recipes, you know that they are more like general guidelines, so if you don;t have something, just sub out what you've got on hand!

Here we go. Curry Fried Rice

  • I started by boiling a bag of Success Brown Rice
  • While that was boiling, I threw a bowlful of Frozen Veggies in the microwave (it was a frozen mix of Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, and Corn. I threw in a handful of chopped Onions and Peppers as well)
  • Once the Rice was done, I set it aside and poured some Eggbeaters into the pan (probably about a 1/4 cup)
  • When the Eggs were done, I threw in the Veggies. I then added 2 to-go sized packets of Soy Sauce, a healthy shaking of Curry Powder, some Salt, Pepper, and a Seasoning Blend (it had all kinds of crazy stuff in it-Mint, Garlic, Onion and a bunch of other stuff). it's your rice, season it like you want!
  • Then I added the Rice. It looked a bit dry, so I added about 1.5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil. I threw in some Crushed Red Pepper to spice it up and there ya go!
I made this sans meat, but feel free to add Chicken, Shrimp, Steak or Pork to hearty this puppy up! This would also be awesome with a handful of Peanuts, or a bit of added Peanut Butter. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!