Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quick and Easy Spicy Peanut Noodles

I love this recipe. It's Cheap. It's Easy. AND it's good hot or cold. So, now that I've built it's greatness up, here we go!

Now, I'm not much of a measurement girl. I'll put approximates, since I know some people like numbers, but just go by your tastes here. There's no right or wrong. :)

Spicy Peanut Noodles

Start with boiling some Noodles (I did about a pound box). I like whole wheat Linguini, but you can use any noodle you like (even leftovers!) I cook mine al dente, but if you like yours softer, go for it.

Strain the noodles. In the noodle pan, add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (any kind you like). Stir in some Soy Sauce (Liquid Aminos are a really good substitute). I probably added about 1/4 cup. Heat that on medium-low until it mixes and turns into a sauce.

At this point, you can get fancy if you want. I like spicy stuff, so I throw in some Crushed Red Pepper. If you don't like spicy, just leave that out. I also like to throw in some Peanuts just to get some crunch in there.

You can also toss in any Veggies you might have on hand. Some that work well are carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli, snap peas- but whatever you have/like is all good.

If you want to make this a more filling main dish, toss in some Cooked Chicken.

Once everything is cooked and coated, throw the noodles back in there and mix up well.

And there you go. Simple. Cheap. Yummy. Mmm. I might have to go have some for lunch now.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Cheap Single Chick! I'd love to hear from ya, so feel free to post something here or drop me an email! :) See ya again soon!